"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Tuesday, February 17, 2009

charles roitsch is getting married...OMG

blast from the past...
Never would have thought we'd be Aggies together...
College Christmas Formal ... we don't take normal pictures, ever...

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

Charles Roitsch is weird with a capital W, and proud of it, as he should be. So I know the woman that Charles recently proposed to, Jordie has to be a little weird too. I love that quote, and I love Charles, (and bride-to-be Jordie) so...let's reminisce...

Charles Roitsch is one of the funniest people I know - but A LOT of people can say that, because a LOT of people know and love this guy. Often compared to Will Ferrell, he is as goofy as he is tall. (which is very very)
One of my very best friends in high school, Charles has always been there -- for a silly conversation, a dance party, a deep conversation, and... pranks. (such as taking down stopsigns in my neighborhood, leaving obnoxious voicemails, etc)
We met in freshman English class and frequently got in trouble for talking. We went to Prom together and rode in the Homecoming parade together. (I teared up when he was crowned King!) We've spent summers at Camp Longhorn and our off-nights playing on the Lake. My parents consider him a member of the family. It's never a dull moment around that kid - and his love for life is so evident in his faith in Christ. Violin extraordinaire at Grace Church in CS, leader of a Christian organization at TAMU he walks the walk and talks the talk - he's the real deal, fo sho.
Oh Charles, you can make any normal situation awkward. So many Memorial memories are Jennifer, Charles, and me, up to no good, with a handful of other peeps thrown in. One day, Charles ripped my jeans when he tried to trip me on a bridge that led from main campus over to the field house. After he failed to trip me not once but twice, he reverted to shoving me down with his own hands. Human kneecaps don't slide down concrete very easily, but he sure thought it was hilarious.
Senior year I was having a pretty rough time after a break-up with a bf who was also a close friend. Charles came over to my house, we drove around in my car (Annabelle) blasting Jason Mraz songs and signing at the TOP of our lungs. We bought matching red Razor scooters on sale and pedaled around parking garages trying not to break our ankles for the next few weeks.
"Chuckles" once made me put a dead shrimp in my mouth for ten seconds when I refused to bait my own fishing hook but was catching all the fish. During the same weekend he angrily swam from out in the bay to our friend Dave's dock because he was livid after I slung him off a sea-doo and into the water for the fourth time.
Charles is really good at embarrassing me, which is a hard mission to accomplish. He's really good at making me laugh until I make either awkward noises or pee in my pants. Charles is really good at being an extraordinary friend, and I'm so blessed God introduced us more than 8 years ago. I know a lot of lives would be dull without his friendship, and I'm defintely one of the many.
And now...Charles is getting married!!! To a wonderful, fun girl that I can't wait to harass and get to know more now that I'm in the great state of Texas. I'm so excited for both of them, I can hardly wrap my mind around it... Charles and Jordie are GETTING MARRIED!!! AHH! Ah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment