Day Three: Wednesday, June 30
No traveling, we parked in Santa Fe for an additional day and night
Perhaps it because I arrived with little to no expecations for this place, but Santa Fe has been delightful. It is a small town, busting at the seams with culture, history, art, and hippies. (Newsflash: its probably time to remove the "Impeach Bush" bumper stickers from your cars.
We've strolled, we've climbed hills, we've had sangria and discovered galleries. The buildings are 400 years old in a few places and the trees are as wide as small automobiles.
I love Santa Fe - how much there is to do outside, even just sit and be...and the art and charm this city has to offer. The only flaw I've found is that the Georgia O'Keefe museum is only exhibiting her abstract works currently - what a let down. A security guard told my mom and I: "Excuse me, ladies, but I think you missed a room." When I told him that we had not, he said, "Um, yes, I walked you walk right by this room and now you're leaving without visiting it..." Duh. Because the stuff in all these rooms is pretty much weird or ugly or something my third graders could have made. Love ya, Georgia, but seriously...abstract? Not so much. Poppies? Anytime.
I'll have to tell you more about Soulman Sam and my mom and I dancing inside a jazz bar on an otherwise calm Wednesday night... but I'm sure you're tired of reading at this point. Happy Summer, thanks for reading. Peace. Love. Hippies.
No comments:
Post a Comment