I could have done without “scary gary” - his obscenities and requests to turn the music down and up and demanding to know if we were movie stars. Other than that the loud, stoned neighbor though, it was a nearly perfect weekend.
Monday, October 11, 2010
"are y'all a bunch of moviestars?"
There are moments when life seems overwhelming, a daunting to-do list with sadness pouring forth from almost every face I see...And then there are the moments, hours, times we can cling to, times that renew our sense of possibility and hope for the world around us. Moments filled with laughter that makes your face hurt. Sunshine and blue skies. Work forgotten for a day or two. Enjoying the company of old and new friends.

I could have done without “scary gary” - his obscenities and requests to turn the music down and up and demanding to know if we were movie stars. Other than that the loud, stoned neighbor though, it was a nearly perfect weekend.
Some highlights: Jenkins nearly destroying the pizza dough, Stephanie attempting to pour tequila, Heidi’s backpack purchase, the Bistro 108 waitress, people asking if we were a bachelorette party more than once, the vineyard, Marnita’s Alaskan celebrity status, calling the Lllano county sheriff, Elizabachel & Sara rolling their hair and looking like glamour shots (they are not invited back), taking five or six times for me to get the boat back in the slip, and, let’s not forget being the ONLY people in Cooper’s BBQ not wearing camouflage of some sort.
I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again – I’m blessed to have such wonderful friends. I’m not sure if I met someone like me that I would want to stick around. But, these ladies were all wonderful company this weekend and mostly laughed with me, not at me. I’m not sure the hill country will ever be the same.
Here’s to loud music and scary neighbors. Here’s to The Holiday. Here’s to Lucy the newborn. Here’s to Texas wine and backroads driving. Here’s to a lot of things, but mostly, here’s to good friends.
I could have done without “scary gary” - his obscenities and requests to turn the music down and up and demanding to know if we were movie stars. Other than that the loud, stoned neighbor though, it was a nearly perfect weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment