Dear friends,
It has been one year today since we gathered together to celebrate the life of Tom Robinson, Robo, TR, Dad, Pops.
My sweet husband set up the video so that there is a link for anyone who wants to watch it (or parts of it, as it is lengthy.) We continue to hear from people who felt called to action, called to love, after the memorial service. Our family could not have done it without close friends, the NYL study group, incredible ministers, the Chapelwood church family, and of course, the grace of God.
William Chenoweth and his brother John have walked the road that Gentry and I are walking now. I like to think we're all walking it together. And William has reminded me several times that my dad used to call him up, ask how things were, and tell him his Dad would be so proud of him. Then Dad would say "I'm really missing your Dad today. When we hang up, I'm going to put on "Open the Eyes of My Heart" and have a good cry."
William says Dad would always suggest he do the same, and he would.
William told me that every time it hurts, but feels good.
Today, I think, it's probably time for a good cry, and a reminder that life must go on.
You can click here for the video of the service:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyEPax0XlCQ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment