Boy meets girl, and the rest is history!
I've thought Charles Simmons was a total keeper since I met him. I got to know him through my brothers gentry & George. (I'll always claim George Doubleday as a blood relative though technically we are not.)
The night I met Charles, we rode home from the Houston rodeo in Gentry's truck, and Charles was grilling me ab my boyfriend, Drew, who was unable to join us because he was coaching a lacrosse game. I barely knew Charles. He said "Gentry do you know this guy she's dating?!? Do you APPROVE? Is he worthy of this girl?!?" Instantly charming, that Charles Simmons. And as I got to know him better, I knew he couldn't date just anyone.
Flash forward six months later. Sitting around with Amy and Gentry, at my great-grandparents house, it dawned on me - Leslie Carrigan!!! I married into the Carrigan family (by way of my bro) and think the world of each & every one of them. And Leslie, what a CATCH.
I texted Leslie, and was nervous if she'd agree to meet Charles. I had a great feeling about this, and I really wanted it to work!!!
I texted Charles. "I want you to meet Amy's sister. She's beautiful, loves kids like you, used to work at Yellowstone Academy, she's really athletic..."
He texted back, sure why not... Later that Friday night, I sent a picture. It didn't take long for my phone to ring. It was past midnight and my mom and I were asleep in a guest bedroom.
The next morning, Mom remembered my phone ringing and asked who it was- Charles, I explained. After seeing Leslie's picture he wanted her number IMMEDIATELY to call and ask her out.
The very next week, Charles took Leslie to dinner. The rest, as they say, is history. They both texted me after their second date, running at Memorial Park.
Charles "She is beautiful. I was so proud to be seen running next to her. One of my friends who saw us emailed me already to see who she was and couldn't believe I was with HER. I paid people to pass by us and say hi to me so I seemed cool."
Leslie "He is really fun! And when we ran at Memorial Park last night, he seemed to know EVERYONE!"
And then, my work was done! Less than a year later they were engaged. This weekend, they become Mr. & Mrs.
Leslie & Charles are one of those movie couples. They are so happy they make you happy to be around them. Their smiles are contagious. They seem too good to be true...but they are the real deal.
Oh, what fun! Can't wait for them to get hitched this weekend and feeling so lucky to get to be there!
Cheers to the bride & groom!!


No comments:
Post a Comment