Recently I shared how I've started listening to Jamie Ivey's podcasts called The Happy Hour (I mostly listen to the Happy Half Hour episodes.) Jamie asks these great questions (yet nothing earth shattering) and is able to get people talking in an inspiring way. So I find myself wanting to ask everyone I know these same questions, and today, we hear from Caitlin Gardner.
![]() |
| james and caitlin g. |
![]() |
| me and caitlin on the brooklyn bridge with some random cute girl |
![]() |
| at our friend and fellow DC resident LJ's wedding |
Caitlin's husband James has a legit twitter following and is often asked to give interviews about Aggie football with ESPN radio and such, but let's not forget that Caitlin is witty and has something to say, too. So here we go... (and hopefully you'll take these questions to your friends and family for great conversations.)
What's something you can't stop watching, reading, and talking about?
I love reading The Broadsheet during the day, it has
so many off the beaten path articles and at least ONE worth sharing every day.
As for talking about, I sure do find myself talking a lot about Baby Gardner - names, daycare, registry - so many topics to discuss around a baby! (Caitlin and James are due August 2017, woooohoo!)
What's one way you refresh/recharge?
Reading. As much as I think of myself as an extrovert and love being around other people, when I'm tired or need to recharge, there's nothing like getting lost in someone else's story!
What makes you a success?
Hmmm - probably just showing up and working hard. And being willing to learn and grow which often means taking advice/constructive feedback in stride without getting your feathers ruffled (something I've definitely had to learn in the work place!)
What is your greatest pet peeve?
No doubt something to do with Houston drivers... like when people don't use their blinker.
What's a piece of technology you can't live without?
Texting. It's the best way to keep in touch with friends and fam throughout the day!
What's a dream you had for your life that hasn't come true?
Hmm... that's a tough one. I feel incredibly fortunate to not having anything big stand out, but for a surface answer I'd say living next to water. A non-salt body of water that's used for swimming, boating and general merriment. No cattle ponds, please.
What are characteristics of your friends that make them so special to you?
![]() |
| caitlin with our dear friends paige and bonnie |
Nothing better than having close friends you can get real with. Life is too short to always say "I'm fine" -- and friends don't want to hear that crap anyway. Also just showing up - my good friends are good at just showing up and that's the best.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
This is cheesy but "be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." This is so real to me after seeing my mom go through so much hard health stuff, but she is still always so kind to everyone. If people knew what kind of pain she was in they'd totally understand if she was rude or even mean, but her philosophy is someone else might be in the same pain she's in. It's not always easy but great words to live by. Oh, and the same woman also taught me that if the shoe/top/dress fits - buy it in every color or even two in the same color. This is why I own 2 pairs of my favorite shoes and 2 pairs of the exact same black pants.
Life is short.
![]() |
| she acts like i'm the wild one but...exhibit A. |
cheers!!






No comments:
Post a Comment