"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Saturday, July 11, 2009

what is time?

life is a haze. i have no concept of time. 6:30 at night feels like midnight. then my second wind comes and 9:05 at night feels like 5:00 p.m. I am wide awake in full conversation by 6:30 a.m. everyday. 10:45 a.m. feels like 2:30 in the afternoon.

friday morning, for our final school day pizza party, i googled pizza huts and dominos. then i proceeded to dial numbers to check prices, as the phone rang i thought...oh, its 7:47 in the morning. no one is going to answer the phone at pizza hut at 7:47 in the morning.

it was a whirlwind five weeks, to say the least. i could have not slept at all and still not done everything I needed to get done. but i learned to prioritize what absolutely had to be finished, and that getting five or so hours was vital to not falling asleep at the front of the classroom.

have you ever been snorkeling? I feel like I just came up from a five week snorkeling trip, where I had my eyes very focused on the task at hand, and now that I've come up for air there is more oxygen getting to my brain. I can see the rest of the real world around me now.I am so glad to be re-entering the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment