It's exactly one month until I will be back within the borders of D.C. - back in the presence of some of the greatest people in the world. (you know who you are - joe& jill biden, i'm not talking to you. but i appreciate your readership.) i'll be back to a city of freedom, excitement, leaves that change colors, and scarves. oh scarves. The metro and the monuments are marvelous, but really... I just can't wait to spend time with a handful of people there. Love you much.
One month. As hard as this life is, as much as I throw myself full of tears on my bed or into the arms of my mom sometimes, begging God to reveal some wisdom as to why I'm in this position right now, shoved between a rock and a hard place. (more like a boulder and a concrete wall.) Much as I pray constantly to make it through the next day with an ounce of joy... all of it seems less daunting thinking about the plane ride and the people. I literally breathe easier thinking about a three day weekend sure to be filled with laughter and ridiculousness and goodness.
This was in the church bulletin on Sunday. Wonderful.
"The purpose of Christianity is not to avoid difficulty, but to produce a character adequate to meet it when it comes. It does not make life easy; rather it tries to make us great enough for life." -James Christensen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the capitol is ready for you
ReplyDelete