"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Thursday, March 4, 2010

the chase

We are all chasing something. I pray that I am chasing the right thing.

Some of us chase fame. Some of us chase glory. Some of us chase love - and sometimes what they imagine to be love. Some of us chase whiskey. Some of us chase beauty. Some of us chase youth. Some of us chase sunsets, racing through life constantly rushing to the next thing.
Some of us chase peace. Some of us chase joy. Some of us chase Buddha, Allah, Jesus. Some of us chase allusions. Some of us chase family. Some of us chase it all and never grasp any of it.

I hope I'm chasing Christ and His will for me, because at the end of the day, He is what matters most. I hope that I'm not going to always be this tired from running after Him. Am I always going to run, trying to make sure I've got my eyes on Him while I look to the left and right trying to make the world happy?

Chase, in the dictionary, is described as "an earnest or frenzied pursuit of something desired."

I wonder, as I lie in bed at night hoping sleep will come - or hoping I can stay awake for five more minutes to tackle the to-do list- I wonder, what am I pursuing in a frenzy? What does my life reflect as my greatest desire?

I wish I could just chase the wind all day, head tilted back as I stare at a big blue sky, singing songs in an open field with no one around until thousands of stars begin to appear and twinkle in the night sky. But that would get boring quickly, I'm sure.

Which brings me back to: on a regular basis, what am I chasing above all esle?

No comments:

Post a Comment