"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Thursday, April 28, 2011

muchas gracias from the maestra



Teach for America. Who knew those three little words would change my life so much? I don't have the brainpower to post anything meaningful tonight, but I do have two words: THANK. YOU.






I would not have made it without the laughter from friends, understanding from roommates, tireless support from my parents, grace from above, and smiles of my students. I would not have made it without you.



My heart is glad to have done this. More on that later, but truly, I am so thankful for all that I have learned, been through, and witnessed. It is my prayer that I continue to advocate for under served children and that I am provided with a way to do that. It is also my hope that I continue to support Teach for America and through this fundraising/half marathon, we've already begun to do that together.



I'm amazed at the outpouring of support from family and friends and everyone who crosses the line between the two. Thank you, thank you, for buying my kids granola bars, listening to me rant, writing my kids letters, praying for me, telling me to suck it up, whatever your role, thank you. And thanks to everyone who forked over some dough to be sure teachers who are willing to go above and beyond are placed in schools that have a very hard time finding qualified teachers.



Thank you, thank you.

Muchas gracias, maestra


No comments:

Post a Comment