
I can't believe schedules and life have worked out in a way that I am going on an all-expenses paid hiking trip for a week with high school girls! What a blessing!
That's right, the 18 hour bus ride with sixteen year olds=free. Sleeping bags, food, hiking trails=provided free of charge. I borrowed a few things: socks from my dad (he has little hobbit feet), sleeping bag from my bro, and, best of all, hiking boots from a wonderful woman. Some might call her wonder woman!
I don't have the time to go into detail, but she is a minister, someone devoted to the lord in a way I don't even fathom sometimes, and someone who focuses most of her time and energy on something simple but so complex: loving people.
I can't wait to take part of her - her shoes!-with me for a week as I hope to love on some girls in the wild.
This is the verse she gave me, wrote out in her really cool handwriting, and that I hope to live it out and be filled with god's grace!
Hooray for hiking! Have a marvelous week, at your cubicle, with your kids, whoever and wherever you are. Sending blessings and fresh mountain air to you, via cyberspace.
Isaiah 52:7
"How beautiful on the mountains,
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Mt. Zion,
“Your God reigns!”
have SOOOO much fun, love! :-)
ReplyDelete