"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Sunday, March 20, 2011

love immeasurable, love divine



Love Immeasurable, Love Divine

I know that most people in the real world do not get a Spring Break like us crazy schoolteachers. I am so very grateful for a week off to sleep, catch up on writing and reading, go for a bike ride, escape to the lake, and because it's rodeo season - spend nearly 50 hours out at the Show over the past week. I promise a rodeo-wrap up later. Have you ever heard of Earth, Texas? Well, you will.
Love Immeasurable, Love Divine

This song has been stuck in my head the past few days. I am aware through my job, my friends, my world, and the grace of God, that love is what makes the world go round. Love is what makes vacations like spring break glorious, (good friends, three days with my crazy parentals, seeing grandparents) and love is what gets us through the 9-5 each week. (Who came up with that phrase, 9-5? Was it Dolly Parton? Whoever it was, I'd like to shoot them. Because it's more like 7 to 5:45 in my world. 9 to 5 sounds like vacay.)

I've been organizing my photos while I was at the lake this past weekend, and wanted to post a few from my rowdy roadtrip last summer. They remind me of how much this life is not to be taken for granted, how easy it is to see God in the beauty of the world around us. I often forget just how much the love and sacrifice of the cross provides such freedom for all of us who walk on this messy, often chaotic place we call Earth.



May you feel loved today and in this coming week!


"Drowning in a well of dark despair
Dropped a rope and dragged me up for air
Purged my lungs of liquid, given voice
Bid this twisted tongue of mine rejoice

Love immeasurable, love divine,
Love unlocked this prison mine
Love who paid for all my crime
Wrap my heart in Thine"

No comments:

Post a Comment