at 8:05 am we start our day with a morning meeting, after 20 minutes of brain warm up work and review. we go over our calendar, introduce our "officer of the day" (thank you, camp longhorn, for that brilliant idea) and we do "this day in history." by the time i got to that today, i was standing at the board and my sweet little friend who pretends to be a chicken sometimes was talking over me incessantly."you know the rules. one voice at a time. go to your desk." so she's coloring on scratch paper at her desk, and i'm telling people about how the exxon valdez spilled in 1989 and we're locating Alaska on our giant map.
"Ms. ROBBBBBBB." she screams from her seat half way across the room. most of the students don't even register that she's talking. i give her a look and move on to 2002, when denzel and halle made history for african americans at the oscars.
"You're forgetting something!!!!!!!! THAT ACTRESS WITH THE PURPLE EYE SHADOW DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEDDDD! She died."
"How did you know that," I asked from our meeting area.
She didn't even look up at me.
"Oh, saw it on the news this MORNING. While i was eating BREAKFAST. I had....NAAACCCHOOOOOOOSSSS."
Oh, how I love starting the day on the "I had nachos for breakfast and the actress with the purple eyeshadow died and I can't sit still because I don't want to" foot. Because I immediately know that it will be 9 hours of adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment