Teachers are underpaid, undersupported, and not recognized nearly enough for the daily impact they have on society, our youth, and our future. In the past two years I've come to admire and adore the thousands of great teachers out there, and remain confused why people that hate teaching continue to show up for a draining, challenging job.
Through all my late nights and frazzled moments and doubts about my abilities as a teacher, I was blessed with some of the most appreciative, loving children. (Before you think it was all roses, let me remind you I had a student that threatened to kill me with an AK-47, and a parent that wanted me fired/sued/paid less money.)
Thought I'd share with you the joy of this email I got last week, and remind myself and hopefully others that sometimes, we do not even know how much a small thing, a simple hug and encouraging word, can change the heart of a child forever. As they say at institute, teach 'em up.
"Dear ms.robinson ,This letter is four [4] you because all the things you have done for me. OH my brothers and sister said thank you for taking them with you. (to hang out for a few hours)They really enjoyed going with you and again they said thank you so much and me too thank you very much. So ms. Rob how are your dogs . ___ talks about them everyday. ___ missis them alot. Ms .rob so what have you bin doing. Have you found a job yet. Well if you haven’t I hope you fine one soon. You now what ms.rob I miss your big hugs. Ms.rob I want you to take these words in your heart that Even if we don’t see each other alot I will always remember you in my heart as a teacher and as friend and almost as my 2nd mother. I love you so much ."
What a sweet, sweet child! Thanks for reading!
Ms. Rob
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment