"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Sunday, August 21, 2011

thoughts from the mountains



Quick update: I left Houston on Wednesday morning, spent two nights with my great grandparents. Friday morning I woke up at 6 to be sure I was in Albuerqueque to pick up Genie by 6 MST. It was a long, great drive, the farthest I've ever driven solo. And other than the return trip, probably the longest I will ever drive solo. I brought a whole new definition to the word delirious after about, oh, mile 642.






I love how the trees here are not quiet – the wind whips through them and the stream running by the house gurgles its’ reply. I am reminded of God’s immense power and majesty as He creates such different scenery and shows love to us in such different ways. Beauty in Houston can be sought and is certainly in the eye of the beholder, but...the beauty in Taos and the mountains cannot be ignored (and is much more unanimously agreed upon.) But love through people and hugs and comfort is in Houston. He shows up all over, and it is in the moving around that reminds me of his steadfast, everlasting love.


"The LORD appeared to us, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Jeremiah 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment