"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Sunday, August 2, 2009

31 Days of Blogging (and a big thanks to the Barings!)

I'm already twelve hours late with this announcement, but I would like to introduce 31 days of blogging. I've been wanting to give this a try for almost a year, since I saw someone else's blog when they made a vow to post a thought, story, or tidbit on their blog each day for an entire month.

It's not that I have anything brilliant to say, I just really enjoy writing, and this next month will probably be the busiest of my life. ever. And Teach for America is all about goals - goals that are ambitious and feasible. So, I think the goal of writing something short and sweet each day is both ambitious and feasible (and will help with the personal "Big Goal" of remembering to write out thoughts.)

So let's pretend its August 1st and this is the first of 31 days of blogging. I'd like to start by saying: THANK YOU to the BARING FAMILY. Good ole JBA to the rescue! Her parentals noticed that my letter to the editors of the chronicle was actually printed!! If not for them, I literally never would have known it ran. (I wasn't checking the paper daily because my grandfather says that he reads the Chronicle cover to cover everyday, so I thought for sure he would come across it. Apparently he's slacking off.)

Anyways, I'm thrilled the Chronicle actually printed something pro-Bush, even if only a handful of people read the editorial page. I wanted the editors, if no one else, to acknowledge their reporter was in the wrong, so, mission accomplished. I'm seriously so thankful the Barings saw that otherwise I would have died thinking the Chronicle was a bunch of bias libs and that I'd never be famous. Now I know both are untrue. Ha. Haha.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/6547447.html

No comments:

Post a Comment