Well, I caught up on some CNN today while putting together a few things from IKEA for my classroom. The homecoming of the American journalists who have been in captivity in North Korea since March was being discussed/recapped... In all seriousness, Bill Clinton appears to have done a great job in what the White House and State Dept are repeatedly referring to as a "strictly humanitarian mission." (Seriously, Robert Gibbs and Barack and Hillary both referred to it as a "humanitarian mission" over twenty times in interviews today.)
I'm so glad the women are home, and I'm proud of Bill Clinton going over there, and I'm proud to say I'm an American. But I also like jokes. Apparently, so does CNN anchor Campbell Brown. She showed the clip of Jimmy Fallon's monologue tonight. It went as follows:
Aired Tuesday night on “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” on NBC:
"Hey, congratulations to former President Bill Clinton. He traveled to North Korea today, met with Kim Jong-Il and won the release of those two female journalists. It was great for Obama to use Clinton that way. I think I know how he got him to go over there.
You know, he’s probably like, “Bill, I need you to go to North Korea for me.”
“I can’t do it. I’m completely booked. I have numerous obligations.”
“I want you to visit a woman’s prison.”
“What time’s my flight?”
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment