When she went to dinner with other people in town and we attempted to power nap after the half marathon, we had the chance to listen to one of the girls that Shannon lives with... Her name is Rebecca Roubion, and you should remember. that. name. Girl can rock the piano. She writes all of her own stuff, is totally legit talented, and quite humble. And, she let me borrow a splash of hairspray before we went out –my soulmate.
On a serious note, it was moving, inspiring, incredible to hear her bust out soulful tunes on the piano. No audio machine to tweak out the bad spots. No accompaniment from guitar or drums. No microphones. Just an old house, an old piano, and a talented, giving heart. I felt like many of her songs were radio-quality, ready to be released right there. I can’t wait to see where this girl ends up, and if she decides not to go “corporate” and sign with a label, who cares. I have her first CD. She let me borrow her tambourine for five hot seconds, and I quickly was reminded how easy these musician people make everything look. (Sarah and Nancye's incessant laughter was not because I am, ahem, talented. More like...funny to watch make a fool of oneself...)
Anyways, it’s not about me. Tonight. Tonight is Rebecca Roubion. Get it while it’s hot, people.
Her new three songs are not on her website yet, but they will be. Enjoy the photos…oh, and I learned how to play the piano. Yes, you can do that in about three minutes, duh. I mentioned I was talented, no?
“I let my hair go everywhere
People stop and stare but I don’t give a care
They can let be
because I like to be free
I’m just a-swaying to the beat of my heart
It’s a mighty fine place to start
Ain’t a-wastin my time pretendin
Come with me and life could be splendid
I like to be free”
Rebecca Roubion
No comments:
Post a Comment