"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

what exactly were you doing in the bathroom!?

while finishing a multiplication assessment after PE today, one of my students asked to use the restroom. We only had 15 minutes until lunch, so i told her to be quick. When she returned to class, I saw her throw something, like a wadded up piece of white paper, in her cubby with a smug grin on her face.

Nicole, you were in the restroom for 7 minutes. What were you doing? Let's focus on your test.

I then walked over and whispered in her ear, "what did you throw in your cubby?"

She looked at me for a solid 30 seconds...I am an expert in waiting these things out. After about an hour, I finally prompted her: Yes?

She rolled her eyes, disappointed that I still expected an answer. She got on tip toes and cupped her hands around her mouth. I turned so she could whisper in my ear.

"It's my ...It's my...It's my bra!" I looked at her, her cheeks blushing. "Why did you throw it in your cubby?"

She forgot to whisper. "Because! It was hurting me!!!"

Oh, obvious answer. Get back to your math test, Nicole, and enjoy the fact that you're still young enough to do things like whip off your bra in the restroom after soccer, return to class, chunk it in your locker, and no one will even notice. Because someday, sweet girl, that will not be the case.

How I'm going to miss the humorous moments like this one!

1 comment:

  1. funny 5th grade story. . . I probably should have worn a bra in 3 GRADE but waited until 6th when it was cool. . . but one time in 5th i thought I would try to wear one without people noticing. . . but someone noticed and made a big deal about it. . . soooo. . . I went to the bathroom and threw it away. . . OH MY GOSH! :-) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete