"into marvelous light i'm running...
by the cross you are the way, the truth, the life.

lift my hands and spin around, see the light that i have found
oh the marvelous light, the marvelous light!"


Saturday, May 7, 2011

terrific toddlers, sammy & noah

Crazy Grandmother on the deck at the lake Easter Weekend, just the two of us: "Did you get my text message about Sammy and Noah? Jordan just posted to their website about that precious girl walking by herself."

Me, laughing: "Honey, I did get your EMAIL about it. First of all, you don't send text messages. Second of all, if you did, you can't text blog posts back and forth. Third of all, I'm glad you even know how to use the internet though, you old bat."

I told crazy grandmother I really was glad that she sent me the link, I hadn't visited their website in a while. Did you watch it, she asked? (My grandmother adores Jordan and Harry, and Sammy & Noah their babies.)Haven't watched it yet, I want to give the video of SAMMY WALKING my full undivided attention.




Finally got around to that this morning. The Folloder Foursome is amazing, Jordan and Harry bring new meaning to "amazing parents." I cried and cried through the videos of Sammy walking. I love how you can hear the patience and love in Jordan's voice right through the camera.

Sammy and Noah are the grandbabies of one of my favorite crazy women on the planet. Susie Gold was, with Nancy Simpson, part of a mentoring program at Memorial High school and I got to see her once weekly for nearly three years. She is a funny lady, always makes me feel wonderful about myself when I see her, quite frequently inappropriate, and always wearing the coolest jewelry. Obviously I love her.
So, she has a daughter and a son, and her daughter had twins while I was living in DC. They were born 17 weeks early - yes you read that correctly. I was in the elevator after a long day of work when my mom told me on the phone, I can still remember it, and I remember tears running down my face, just fearfully asking my mom, what? that's too early. that's way too early, right?

http://www.goodlightphotography.com/clients/folloderholidays10/

Samantha and Noah are now three years old, thriving all over the place. I'll stop talking and send you to their website, but two thoughts:


1) Their holiday card this winter was my favorite of all that came to my parents house. Anytime I was there I would find it, hold it, stare at it, and smile. When your family loses a child to luekemia before his second birthday, it is good to hear about grace, blessings, and that Texas Childrens Hospital can be a very happy place.




2) I want to be Jordan's publicist. But the kind of publicist that instead of hanging out backstage, she's right next to you on the couch at the Ellen Show, Oprah, Barbara Walters, etc...



Jordan & Harry, Thanks for being inspiring parents. Sammy & Noah, thanks for being inspiring little people. Thanks for being too cute for words. You make my heart happy, and countless others, too.

http://sammyandnoah.com/?paged=2

1 comment:

  1. umm. . .hi. . . yes, im here again. . . commenting. . . again. . . I LOVE THIS TOO! :-) OH MY GOSH! Those children are my FAVORITES! :-) P.S. Ellen would love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete